Sunday, October 30, 2011

1 day till Halloween!

It's time to do the Time Warp again, because Halloween just isn't Halloween without The Rocky Horror Picture Show!

This is one that I really had to grow into appreciating, because when I saw it as a youngster I was expecting something scary, and this? Just wasn't. However, it launched the career of the incredible Tim Curry, and amassed a HUGE cult following. RHPS is included in the Library of Congress's National Film Registry, and continues to be shown in theaters 35+ years after its original release. It is well-known these days for its unmistakable soundtrack, enthusiastic fan base and audience participation.

I know will get some flack for this, but I am STILL a RHPS virgin - as far as dressing up and participating goes - but I try to catch the movie around Halloween whenever I get a chance!  And if it counts?  I'd love to particpate someday!  I think I'd look more like a Magenta, but I'm obviously more of a Columbia, personality-wise Photobucket

Image source: Wikipedia

Photobucket