Thursday, October 6, 2011

Life gets hard and then it gets good

....like I always knew it would.

I figured my brand new blog was as good a place as any to start participating again in Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop.

One of the prompts this week was "Tell us about your song."

I'm not really sure in which context this should be, but since I love music, I just HAD to pick this one. And? I don't really have a song that I feel is necessarily "about" me, or that I could have written myself. So many songs speak to me for so many different reasons. And some songs don't speak for me as a whole, but bits and pieces of them stand out.

For instance, I'm currently all about the line

"Life gets hard and then it gets good
Like I always knew it would"

from Social Distortion's "California (Hustle and Flow). I love this song for the guitars, and overall sound. I love to get up and move around to it! But I mostly like it because there is one specific part that I can totally relate to - a huge part of my life has been very hard for the past few years, but it's getting good. Through it all, I have always known that I was destined for something better, and that things would change, and for the better. Every time I hear this, it's like just a small little bit of reaffirmation.  I am so ready for life to get good!



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

For more of Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop, head over here.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so be sure to leave one! Pretty please? I reply to comments on here and return visits (although I can't promise to do so in a timely manner). I can only return a visit if I can find you, so if you're linked to a Google + account, please do me a kindness and leave me a link/tell me where I can find you in your comment :)