I'm now two days late with Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop, but I am slapping a post up anyway. Just to keep me in the routine, and hopefully, some other Saturday stragglers such as myself will play along. Of course, tomorrow will be my catch-up day, so that's when I'll be out and about, visiting everyone.
One of the themes for this week's workshop was to "...list 22 things you've never done." That could cover a LOT of ground for me, so I'm just going to narrow it down, and list 22 bands and/or artists/tours/etc that I *REALLY* wish I'd been able to see, but will not be able to due to death, breakup, or not the lineup I prefer.
OR bands I just really want to see, but haven't yet.
None of these are in any particular order, except for the first:
- The Doors. Hands-down, THE band I wish I'd been able to see. Jim Morrison was truly unlike any other. I'd still be in love with him even if he were alive today, even though he's as old as my Dad! Alas, it was not meant to be, as Jim Morrison died before I was even one year old.
- Jimi Hendrix
- Johnny Cash
- Nine Inch Nails
- Kiss, during the 70s, BEFORE the makeup came off
- Led Zeppelin
- Pink Floyd
- Woodstock, '69. OR '94.
- Lollapalooza in its inaugural year.
- Guns N Roses, the Appetite or Use Your Illusion years.
- Jan and Dean
- Waylon Jennings
- The RAMONES!
- Ozzy with Randy Rhoads
- Van Halen before splitting with David Lee Roth
- ELVIS PRESLEY. 'Nuff said.
- Avenged Sevenfold
- Hollywood Undead
- Iron Maiden
- Social Distortion - BUT.....I am going to see them in November. Yay for that!
Image source: Wikipedia