Friday, July 27, 2012

As July comes to a close

I'm scrambling busily to finish all that needs to be done before my sons return home from their visit with their Dad. August is going to busier than any other month, ever. Ever. (that I can recall) One child will start his senior year of high school, while another starts his freshman year.....of college. I have so many loose ends to tie up that I am almost sick with anxiety, and that is no joke.

Oh, and I also plan on launching another blog, solely dedicated to rescued/re-purposed stuff. *IF* I can ever find the time to finish the project I want to kick the blog off with! It will also have to be finished in August, as it's intended owner will be moving and will need it before then. But I should have plenty of projects to get me through the rest of the year. I see an editorial calendar in my future!

In the meantime, this is a bit of what you can look forward to next week....

  • Mondays always revolve around music over here, and this Monday will be no different, so be sure to stop by then to see what I have in store for you :)
  • Also, I have (shamefully) started reading the 50 Shades trilogy. I am almost finished with the first book, 50 Shades of Grey, and I've got something to say about it! If I can get my act together, I'll probably post that this coming week.
  • I need to get back to my other blog-hops this week, as well. The photo ones, and the writer's workshop ones. I don't want this to become a blog-hop-only blog, but at least that inspires me to try to get creative again, so there's that....
Rounding out the week, I'd like to call your attention to some worthy posts around the web....

Randy Blythe, Lamb of God
  • Via HuffPo Entertainment: Lamb of God has had to cancel its upcoming tour due to singer Randy Blythe remaining jailed in the Czech Republic since his June 27 arrest in connection with the 2010 death of a fan at one of the band's shows.

    This is just a tragedy (and a travesty) no matter how you look at it. For heaven's sake, people, don't be idiots at shows!
  • Local celebrity Antoine Dodson speaks out about the Chick-Fil-A boycott. Dlisted has the most entertaining post about it.
  • I really wanted to see The Watch.....till it got (at time of this post) one star at Rotten Tomatoes.


How was YOUR week?

Image Source: © Natalia Balcerska Photography; issued under Flickr Creative Commons

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so be sure to leave one! Pretty please? I reply to comments on here and return visits (although I can't promise to do so in a timely manner). I can only return a visit if I can find you, so if you're linked to a Google + account, please do me a kindness and leave me a link/tell me where I can find you in your comment :)