Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Baby, it's cold outside!

So I am especially glad to be currently indoors, sipping a hot, rich beverage while I meet the ladies of Tuesday Coffee Chat!



This past week has been quite bittersweet, with the usual roller-coaster of emotions that you might expect to come along with it. But today, I am focusing on the good. I am so happy that I got to spend this past weekend with my family out of state, celebrating Christmas and my youngest son's 19th birthday while I was there. I did have to cut my trip short due to possible incoming bad weather, though. As it turns out, their roads iced over sometime today, so it's a good thing I left when I did!

It was good to get back to my childhood home for a few days. After days of getting all caught up, eating my Mom and stepdad's amazing cooking, and playing Rook with the family, we'd retire to our own rooms for the night. At the end of the day, my favorite thing to do is READ. Usually after a long, hot soak in the tub, which is my ritual.....



Since my family retires for the evening pretty early by my standards, this gave me lots of downtime to unwind with my bath, then read till I fell asleep. I am so excited to have my Nook Color now to carry with me on trips! I'm a weird reader - when reading for fun (as opposed to schoolwork or to pass the time or whatever), I prefer to read lying down. An e-reader makes it so easy to be able to do that without straining arms and fingers when I roll from side to side. And I absolutely love that it's back lit, so I don't have to have a lamp on to read.

And right now, I'm really enjoying The Chosen Series by Denise Grover Swank. Reasonably priced books, intriguing plot which hasn't been done to death yet, and decently written. If you're into paranormal novels, this series might be a good, light read for you.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. hot soak in the tub is normally my go to at end of the day method to unwind too. And I either bring a good book, or watch a TV show/movie on my laptop. But I tend to only have those kind of evenings when hubby is home -- otherwise, it's guaranteed the kids will hear the bath water and all find some excuse to come into the bathroom to visit mommy. never a moment.... haha
    Other than that, when the house is finally quiet is my time to write and visit other blogs. It's too hard most days to do this when the house is full of kids. I can read...but the actual writing is hard when you can't hear yourself think.
    So glad you joined me today! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember those days well! I miss my kiddos being that little, but it's been nice being able to have peace in the bathtub :) Before I got my Kindle (what I had before my Nook) and Nook, I carried books and mags into the tub with me all the time. I never dropped them, but I don't trust myself to not drop my pricey electronics in the water!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I agree, it is wonderful! I don't do much reading in the tub anymore, though....don't want to ruin my Nook!

      Thanks for coming by!

      Delete

I love comments, so be sure to leave one! Pretty please? I reply to comments on here and return visits (although I can't promise to do so in a timely manner). I can only return a visit if I can find you, so if you're linked to a Google + account, please do me a kindness and leave me a link/tell me where I can find you in your comment :)