Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I hope you've got your coffee ready...

Because it's time for Coffee Chat at Time Out For Mom!



I'll be enjoying a double chocolate raspberry truffle espresso on this stormy Tuesday morning. And it's about time we got some milder weather to speak of. I know stormy isn't mild, but the start of our severe weather season here in the south is generally the start of much warmer temps, and this cold weather we've had for the past two weeks and having no heat in the main part of the house has made me want to do nothing but burrow under the covers and read. And boy, did I ever. (Seeing as I read only at night before going to sleep, I never finish a book in a week these days. But with all this cold weather and hunkering down in bed, I've almost finished two!)

So yeah. I am totally ready for spring, sunshine, rain, and warmth. Well....we've been getting plenty of rain (pretty much a flash flood in my yard this morning), but I want wicked cool thunderstorms and calm, warm showers. Winter can take a seat now.

Now on to the chat: this week's topic is one of my favorite tween games (probably second only to MASH), "Kiss, Marry, Throw Off a Cliff." I always called it "Kiss, Marry, Kill," but I guess I don't need to really wish death on anyone, or think about killing them given the opportunity. At least if they get thrown off a cliff, there's a chance for survival, right?

Since musicians are my fave, that's what I'll stick with.

Kiss:



Shannon Leto - drummer, Thirty Seconds to Mars. (this is not a recent pic - I couldn't find one of those without yanking them from his twitter account - but these days he looks even better and even more kissable!)

Marry:



Jack White. 'Nuff said.


Throw off a cliff:



Kanye West, perhaps the most annoying human being on the planet. Oh, and while we're at it, can we throw the Kardashians off the cliff with him?


Fess up. Who would YOU kiss, marry, and throw off a cliff?



Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Here in MO the severe storm does = spring. As long as it does not spawn a tornado, I love the wild weather. I wouldn't mind just tossing Dennis Rodman of that cliff.

    Katie atBankerchick Scratchings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missouri.....you're right in the middle of tornado alley! (I'm only in the middle of "little tornado alley"). I do love watching Mother Nature do her thing....don't even mind tornadoes, but wish they'd only run across fields and not do any real damage! Haha @ tossing Dennis Rodman off a cliff!

      Thank you for coming by!

      Delete
  2. Spring is a loooonnnngggg way off for us yet. It's actually snowing out right now. We've been known to get one last snow fall in April!

    Then it is rain....like, forever.

    Like your choice. Jack White gets my vote based on pure musical genius alone. I don't even care about his looks. yeah, that good.

    And absolute-freakin-lutely will I toss Kardashian over the cliff after the world's most annoying person in like the history of Forever. (except, I guess not the pregnant one. that goes against the mother in me. but all others....Over You Go.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Jack White is nothing short of amazing! I really do need to marry him someday :)

      And remember, the pregnant Kardashian's butt will cushion her fall! (I'm not being ugly, either. I truly think her body is the BEST thing about her.)

      Delete
  3. It's snowing like a banshee here. 5-8 inches today and another 1-2 tonight. I am so over winter. I would like some Spring, please.
    As for my answers to your questions. (My choices are not musicians, so I hope that's okay.) I would kiss Patrice Bergeron. Then I would marry Patrice Bergeron. As to who I would throw off a cliff, I would have a really hard time choosing just one person. but if I had to choose just one....I would chose DuckFace, which is code name for a really annoying and treacherous woman whom I would dearly love to beat the crap out of. She's evil, she's awful and she needs to go. So, I guess her. Cardboard Barbie the Ice Queen would be a close second. Maybe she could be holding hands with DuckFace when I push and they could both go over....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel for you, Jennifer. As you know, I can not stand the cold. But so far I've dealt with the winter well. And we haven't had any icky winter weather to deal with, so there's that.

      I guess you would have to kiss the guy you marry - only makes sense :)

      I figured Cardboard Barbie would be your first choice. I think I have a strong idea who Duckface might be, though. I hope for both of you that they just go jump off a cliff, that way no one has to be tossed off :)

      Thank you so much for coming by! I love having your company on my blog :)

      Delete
  4. I honestly have not heard of your first two choices. Off to google for an education.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, Wayne....I can understand not having heard of Shannon, as his band isn't as well known as some. But I am quite surprised you've never heard of Jack White. He's done lots - White Stripes, Raconteurs, The Dead Weather, recorded with Loretta Lynn....and the list goes on and on. I hope you really did go look them up!

      Delete
  5. I second Kanye over the cliff.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so be sure to leave one! Pretty please? I reply to comments on here and return visits (although I can't promise to do so in a timely manner). I can only return a visit if I can find you, so if you're linked to a Google + account, please do me a kindness and leave me a link/tell me where I can find you in your comment :)