Tuesday, October 18, 2011

13 days till Halloween!

Today is the day I get to be "clever" (and not at all tired and obvious) by throwing the Friday the 13th franchise up here, with 13 days to go till Halloween. The only way this could actually be more clever (and tired and obvious) is if today actually fell on Friday the 13th.

So, I'm a fan of the series as a whole, even though some of the sequels were outright awful. My favorite of the series was the Friday the 13th Part III, first off because it was the first one I was actually able to see in a movie theater (our local theater always let junior high-aged kids and older into the theater without a parent). It was released in 3D, and I think it was also the first 3D movie I saw. I also liked it because it's the first one featuring Jason wearing the trademark hockey mask that you see in all the subsequent films.

You don't need me to tell you how popular and important a series this is in horror, so I'll just leave you with the links above if you care to check any of them out.

And in other news, Spike TV's Scream Awards will be on tonight! I am going out of town for a bit, so I will have to watch the encore presentation. I am so excited about this, I may even blog about it tomorrow. Maybe.

Image source: Wikipedia


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so be sure to leave one! Pretty please? I reply to comments on here and return visits (although I can't promise to do so in a timely manner). I can only return a visit if I can find you, so if you're linked to a Google + account, please do me a kindness and leave me a link/tell me where I can find you in your comment :)