Monday, October 17, 2011

14 days till Halloween!

Speaking of zombies, the "Godfather Of All Zombies," George A. Romero, directed a series of zombie films (beginning with Night of the Living Dead) which is probably the first taste anyone of my generation had of the amazing zombie movie! And one of the funny things is, the creatures in this film were not referred to as "zombies," and were not associated with voodoo the way zombies in White Zombie and some of the earlier zombie films were. Yet this movie gave birth to the zombie movie genre as we know it today.

With several sequels and remakes, Night of the Living Dead has inspired numerous filmmakers and makeup artists for generations, and has been included in the Library of Congress's National Film Registry.

Image source: IMDB

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so be sure to leave one! Pretty please? I reply to comments on here and return visits (although I can't promise to do so in a timely manner). I can only return a visit if I can find you, so if you're linked to a Google + account, please do me a kindness and leave me a link/tell me where I can find you in your comment :)