Thursday, October 13, 2011

18 days till Halloween!

Long before Twilight, there was another family of hot vampires in a movie called The Lost Boys. Granted, this movie wasn't scary (but then again, neither is Twilight), but these hot vampires were evil and had fangs and couldn't walk in the sun. It also had plenty of humor and a bit of action to make up for its lack of scariness.

But the soundtrack? Oh my.

This is definitely one of my favorite movie soundtracks EVER. Everyone already knows about the amazing "Cry Little Sister," but there were some decent covers (Echo and The Bunnymen covered The Doors' "People Are Strange" and Roger Daltrey covered Elton John's "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me") and all around good stuff from INXS and Roger Waters.

I actually got to see this one in the theaters, and I loved it so much because it was the 80s and the vampires looked like they should have been in a hair band. And the 80s were all about the hair bands for me Photobucket And speaking of bands and The Lost Boys....does anyone watch the HBO series Eastbound and Down? If so, you might have noticed Kenny Powers referencing the "sax player from The Lost Boys." This had both me and my sons laughing because my sons had seen this movie and knew exactly who he was talking about!

I still watch it whenever I happen to catch it on tv, even though I own the dvd. Watching the dvd just isn't the same as catching it unexpectedly.

Image source: Wikipedia

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so be sure to leave one! Pretty please? I reply to comments on here and return visits (although I can't promise to do so in a timely manner). I can only return a visit if I can find you, so if you're linked to a Google + account, please do me a kindness and leave me a link/tell me where I can find you in your comment :)