Friday, October 7, 2011

24 days till Halloween!

Long before I knew anything about "horror," I would stay up and watch "scary movies" when I spent the night with my Dad on Friday nights. I was quite young, and this must have been either before he got premium channels on cable, or before I was allowed to watch the newer horror movies. I don't remember ever being disallowed to watch horror movies, so I'm not sure exactly how I ended up falling in love with the black and white classics. But I did, and Dracula, the Bela Lugosi movie from the 30s, was the first one I remember watching.

It was everything a "scary movie" should be: there was a dashing but dangerous leading man (which I truly think set the standard for what I would find attractive in later years!), suspenseful plot, ominous score, and a scary story. The film somehow held my child-aged attention span and even made me yearn for more, thus creating a love for the classic b&ws as well as a Friday night tradition that I looked forward to all week.


Image source: Wikipedia

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so be sure to leave one! Pretty please? I reply to comments on here and return visits (although I can't promise to do so in a timely manner). I can only return a visit if I can find you, so if you're linked to a Google + account, please do me a kindness and leave me a link/tell me where I can find you in your comment :)