Thursday, October 6, 2011

25 days till Halloween!

This film has been hailed as one of the most controversial films of all time, not to mention one of the most influential horror films of all time. It has spawned a remake, numerous sequels, comic books, and even video games. Although it was not the first slasher film to be released in mainstream theaters, it was arguably one of the first films to introduce moviegoers to a new breed of slasher flick involving innovative, gruesome makeup and special effects.

I first saw The Texas Chainsaw Massacre as a young teenager, and still recall the fear I felt watching it for the first time. I never spooked easily, even as a child. But really....someone like Leatherface could be anybody, anywhere! Especially out in the middle of nowhere!

So...I watched many, if not all of the sequels. Of course, none even came close to the original, though the The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 featured some pretty well-known talent and the 2003 "remake" with Jessica Biel, Eric Balfour and R. Lee Ermey was entertaining.

Around Halloween 2012, get ready for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D with Trey Songz, BILL MOSELY!! (Chop Top from TCM2), and cameos from two of the original film's stars, Marilyn Burns and Gunnar Hansen.

Image source: Wikipedia

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so be sure to leave one! Pretty please? I reply to comments on here and return visits (although I can't promise to do so in a timely manner). I can only return a visit if I can find you, so if you're linked to a Google + account, please do me a kindness and leave me a link/tell me where I can find you in your comment :)