Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Looks like it's that time again

Well, folks...I just got back from the first vacation I've had in many years and had hoped to write about it, but as so often happens, life has other plans and it looks like now the blog will be taking a little vacation. This is completely unintentional and comes at a time when I actually had the motivation to devote a bit more time to writing.

 One of July's many misfortunes was my beloved laptop finally dying, so I've been attempting to roll with the punches by using my iPad Mini, which up until this time has mainly been used as an E-Reader and social media tool, as an actual computer. As it turns out, there's a lot of important stuff a "mobile" device just isn't really well-suited for, and blogging is one of them. After trying the Blogger app (a joke if you want to do anything other than write text), a free-but-promising third party app (it wouldn't even log me in despite the correct credentials) and finally thinking I'd reached a solution by using the good 'ol web interface, but that just ended up being one of the most frustrating experiences of my life. You'd think its simple, but it's not. And I can't even point out the ways because I've already spent too long just trying to get this ready for publication.

 For the sake of my blood pressure and what's left of my sanity, I have to step away until I can replace the laptop. I have no clue how long that will take me since I have $0 in my budget for this kind of mess right now, but if you would like to keep up with me in the meantime you can follow me on Twitter (I rarely update) or Facebook (I may "blog" over there till I am no longer laptop-deficient). Links are in the sidebar! And of course I will still be visiting blogs till I can blog again.

1 comment:

  1. technology is all great and wonderful -- until it stops working!!! right? LOL
    Sorry to see you have to leave for a bit -- I think I got ya on Instagram though.
    And I think you are handling it well -- I'd be crumpled in the corner whimpering. :)
    Hope to see you back soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so be sure to leave one! Pretty please? I reply to comments on here and return visits (although I can't promise to do so in a timely manner). I can only return a visit if I can find you, so if you're linked to a Google + account, please do me a kindness and leave me a link/tell me where I can find you in your comment :)