Wednesday, October 12, 2011

19 days till Halloween!

I lied the other night when I said that I had only seen one silent horror film to date (and have since edited the blog post to reflect that!), because I definitely remember watching The Phantom Of The Opera as a little girl. Or, at least I remember falling asleep while trying to watch it, so that may well be why I didn't even remember it as a silent film. I guess I managed to hold onto consciousness long enough to see the pivotal unmasking scene, though, because who could forget a face like this?

I never tried to watch the film again in later years, but I did see the 2004 film with Gerard Butler, Emmy Rossum, Minnie Driver and Patrick Wilson. I enjoyed it, but didn't do any research on it beforehand, so I didn't realize that it was actually based on the Andrew Lloyd Weber musical and NOT an updated remake of the silent film.

I think I need to watch this again. And the silent version of Nosferatu. In fact, I think I need to make a list of ALL silent horror films and watch them.

Image source: movieberry.com

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so be sure to leave one! Pretty please? I reply to comments on here and return visits (although I can't promise to do so in a timely manner). I can only return a visit if I can find you, so if you're linked to a Google + account, please do me a kindness and leave me a link/tell me where I can find you in your comment :)