Thursday, December 4, 2014

Let's get this party started!

I am so, so, so excited to be hosting a little holiday shindig of sorts here on the blog and linking up with the ladies from the Mix Tape Shuffle! There is even a linky, something I've never done on the blog before....and I hope YOU will stay here for a bit and have some fun with me, then head over to the other "parties." Or, if you've come from there, that you'll hang out here for a while. I promise we'll have fun!

So, like everything else this month, the theme is holiday music. BUT, holiday music that is open to interpretation, so my playlist - just like me - is what I'd like to consider quirky. Traditional carols and religious music (if you're religious) are an important part of the holidays, but they have a time and place...and this is not the time or place. And to those of you who know me, you'll be happy to learn that I didn't just throw on A Twisted Christmas and call it a day. (though A Twisted Christmas is awesome and I really love how they've updated some old favorites!) Since I also already shared B.B. King's "Blue Decorations" and Trans-Siberian Orchestra's "Wizards In Winter", I won't be including those here. So without further ado, come on inside, grab some hors d'oeuvres and the beverage of your choice, and let's have some fun, shall we?

Mix Tape Shuffle - Holiday 2014 by This Belle Rocks on Grooveshark

Chuck Berry - Run Rudolph Run
We have to get things rolling with some Chuck. Really. It's just the only way.

Elvis Presley - Blue Christmas
Elvis will be having a blue Christmas without you, and we can't have that, now can we? (Yes, I know he's no longer with us. Just go with me here, folks.)

Blink 182 - I Won't Be Home For Christmas
Well, that's just not good.

My Chemical Romance - All I Want For Christmas Is You
Because all MCR wants for Christmas is you.

The Eagles - Please Come Home For Christmas
Pretty please? Because that will make The Eagles happy, happy once again.

Bruce Springsteen - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
Whew. Because we could use a little Christmas cheer up in here.

Eartha Kitt - Santa Baby
What? Someone's got to read my list out to Santa.

Otis Redding - Merry Christmas Baby
Yeah! Now we're talking!

Brian Setzer - Rocking Around The Christmas Tree
Yeah! Now we're rocking! I knew we'd all be home for Christmas and having a good ol' time!

The Killers - Don't Shoot Me Santa
Oh, no. Who spiked the Egg Nog and made Santa mad? Brandon Flowers has been a clean living boy, he promises you!

Lemmy Kilmister (featuring Dave Grohl and Billy Gibbons) - Run Rudolph Run
No, really. Run this time, Rudolph!

Blues Traveler - Christmas
And to close out our little party, just a little nod to the holiday by one of my all-time favorite bands.

Thank you so much for stopping by - I hope you had as much fun as I did! Be sure to head to the shuffle to listen to all the other Holiday Mix Tapes!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your list, Kim! A lot of the songs are among my favorites as well, and the Twisted Christmas is in a class of its own. I adore it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not my usual listening but I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW DID I LEAVE BLINK-182 AND EARTHA KITT OF MY PLAYLIST??

    And I love the songs you picked! I'm going to listen to your playlist later as I sip some spiked cocoa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this list!! Blue Christmas is one of my faves.... but you knocked it outta the park with Blues Traveler!
    BUT -- I LOVE ME some Twisted Christmas!! OMG that CD is fabulous. I sing the "Police Stop My Car" to my hubby all the time. he is not so impressed. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so be sure to leave one! Pretty please? I reply to comments on here and return visits (although I can't promise to do so in a timely manner). I can only return a visit if I can find you, so if you're linked to a Google + account, please do me a kindness and leave me a link/tell me where I can find you in your comment :)